The tower crane was dismantled and left the site on the 16th of April, leaving a lot more sky on show and more room on the ground too!
Mechanical and Electrical services inside George Eliot and APC are advancing well with the interior now beginning to look and feel like a real school...
George Eliot has recently gained a Green Roof (a roof literally made up of various grasses and flora)... There are four in total on the site and should make a welcome addition to the school environment as well as the local community. It is an attractive and environmentally friendly way of roofing the school and will take minimal upkeep as it is largely self sufficeint.
- Completion of Waterproofing (Infant Hall)
- Completion of the façade render works
- Start of Mist Coat works
- Start of the 2nd fix partitions
- Substation transformer delivery and completion of connection works outside site boundary
- ICT work shop took place with CAPITA for GE
Overall Progress & Concerns
- Procurement completed for flooring, hard landscaping, soft landscaping, external FF and E
- Procurement on going for internal trades, wall tilling, fire stopping, signage etc,
- Procurement to be launched: White goods, Decanting, Acoustic test, air pressure test, etc.
- Envelope: Good progress on Timber Cladding (85% complete)
- Brickwork and render completed
- M&E: Good progress on first fix APC/GE and second fix APC